Mrs. Brown, Head Librarian, email: [email protected]
Ms. Scharankov, Librarian, email: [email protected]
Summer Reading Programs and Challenges
- Class of 2024 Read-a-Thon There's still time to participate!
Library Information Portals
In addition to the resources on this page, you can also find us:
- In Schoology
Find and Access Books Using the Library Catalog
Use the library catalog, which is called Destiny to search for books in the AHS library collection. Remember to login once you're on Destiny, so that your searches are limited to just the Annandale collection, and so that you can actually open and read any of the ebooks you find.
Directions for logging in to our Destiny Library Catalog:
- Click the link to the Destiny
- Login using the button on the upper right of the page where it says "Log In."
- After clicking the Log In button you’re taken to another login page
- Click where it says "Log in using your account with Fairfax County Public Schools"
- Enter your regular network login information
- You should see the Destiny page again, but you should also see:
- Welcome, (your name) to Annandale High School
- Remember, if you don’t login,
- you won’t be able to open the ebooks, and
- all your searches will be for all FCPS libraries, not just Annandale's
Looking for digital books in the AHS collection?
Some of the best ebooks and audiobooks we have are accessible through logging into Mackin Via. When you click the Mackin Via link, you will need to login using your FCPS login credentials. You can also try this link and just enter your network login and you will be taken to the AHS Mackin Via catalog.
- All of our library databases require logins and passwords, which can be located in Schoology (requires login).
About Our Library
Our library offers a range of resources to meet the needs of our school community. We have an extensive collection of subscription databases and non-fiction resources that have been carefully selected to support the curriculum and students' research requirements, and a large fiction collection that both supports the curriculum and students' reading for pleasure