Mrs. Brown, Head Librarian, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Scharankov, Librarian, email: email@example.com
Library Distance Learning Office Hours
New Office Hours! Find us during Pride Time (White Days, 10:16-11:08), Mondays 11-12, and by appointment in our Google Meet Session (requires login).
Please feel free to email the librarians with any questions or requests, and we will respond as soon as we can.
Additional Library Information Portals
In addition to the resources on this page, you can also find us:
- As the AHS Library in the My Organizations tab in Blackboard, here (requires login)
- In our Google Classroom, join code: puaq77g
Find and Access Books Using the Library Catalog
Use the library catalog, which is called Destiny to search for books in the AHS library collection. Remember to login once you're on Destiny, so that your searches are limited to just the Annandale collection, and so that you can actually open and read any of the ebooks you find.
Directions for logging in to our Destiny Library Catalog:
- Click the link to the Destiny
- Login using the button on the upper right of the page where it says "Log In."
- After clicking the Log In button you’re taken to another login page
- Click where it says "Log in using your account with Fairfax County Public Schools"
- Enter your regular network login information
- You should see the Destiny page again, but you should also see:
- Welcome, (your name) to Annandale High School
- Remember, if you don’t login,
- you won’t be able to open the ebooks, and
- all your searches will be for all FCPS libraries, not just Annandale's
How to Check Out Books from the AHS Library
(through May 20, 2021)
Find a book using the library catalog
- Log into the Destiny Discover Catalog
- Search for books by keyword, title, author or subject
- Select a book for checkout by placing a hold on it (click the button that says "Hold")
Once a hold has been placed, the librarians will
- Pull the books off the shelf
- Check them out to the person who placed the hold on the book
- Email the person who placed the hold on the book using FCPS Gmail with the message that the book(s) are ready for pick-up from the library
- Place the books on the library main desk with the borrower's name attached to the borrowed books so the borrower can just stop in and pick up their books.
When the borrower is ready to return the library books, they can be placed:
- On the Book Return Cart in the main entrance to the school
- On one of the book carts that have been placed by the door to either library entrance
- Inside the library in the book drop slot located at the main desk
- All of our library databases require logins and passwords, which can be located on our Blackboard AHS Library Organization page (requires login).
About Our Library
Our library offers a range of resources to meet the needs of our school community. We have an extensive collection of subscription databases and non-fiction resources that have been carefully selected to support the curriculum and students' research requirements, and a large fiction collection that both supports the curriculum and students' reading for pleasure