Calendar, Links and Resources
SAT/ACT/PSAT/NMSQT at Annandale High School
Upcoming Test Dates
PSAT and SAT School Day:
- Wednesday, October 13, 2021
- 10th and 11th grades will take the PSAT - no registration required
- 12th graders who previously signed up by 9/10 will take the SAT
SAT Dates (all SAT test dates listed here occur on a Saturday):
ACT Dates (all ACT test dates listed here occur on a Saturday):
Please Read: Important Test-taking Information
No walk-in or on-site registrations will be permitted for the SAT. For any further questions, please contact our Testing Coordinators:
PSAT: Cheryl Kim (firstname.lastname@example.org)
SAT School Day (10/13 only): Mike Ward (email@example.com)
Future SAT Exams: Brian Yeagley (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Assessment Coach: Kristin Reagan (email@example.com)
General information about the SAT test format is available on the College Board webpage.
An online student guide is available. Students are encouraged to read the guide to become familiar with the SAT before the test date.
Required Materials for the SAT School Day (12th Grade)
Seniors taking the SAT must bring the following materials with them on the day of the exam, which are required to take the assessment.
- Picture ID
- Mask –
- Masks are required to be worn at all times.
- Students must provide their own mask
- No. 2 pencils and erasers
- No mechanical pencils
- No pens
- Hand sanitizers and/or wipes
- May be taken into the exam room but must remain underneath the desk while the exam is underway
- Approved calculator and extra batteries
- Calculators will not be provided, though there may be a limited supply available. You should plan to supply your own. Students cannot share their calculator with other test takers. Students are encouraged to bring extra batteries.
Students are prohibited to use the following materials in the testing room and during breaks:
- Use of electronic devices is prohibited from the time the student is admitted to the testing room until they are dismissed at the end of the test, including break times. Specifically:
- Students may not handle or access a cell phone or electronic device at any time in the testing room or during break times. This includes smart watches, fitness bands, and any other devices with recording, internet, or communication capabilities.
- All devices, including cell phones and wearable devices, must be turned off and placed out of sight.
Students will check in for SAT outside Door 7. The school day will begin with our normal bell at 8:10, however check in will begin by 7:45am. Please arrive early enough to check in and find your assigned room. Test administration will begin at 8:15am, so please be on time.
Students taking the PSAT will be testing inside the main building. Room locations will be posted.
Virginia Department of Education - online resource for parents, students, teachers, and counselors including released SOL tests, ePats, graduation requirements, and Project Graduation tutorials
VDOE SOL Released Tests - Sample sets of SOL tests
SOLpass - Review and practice for the Virginia SOL tests by playing games!