Class of 2024
Translate this page
Summer Read-A-Thon Fundraiser
Need something to do over the summer? Help the Class of 2024 start raising funds. Participate in our Read-A-Thon. How does it work you ask?
- Find people to sponsor you - that means get people to agree to pay a certain amount of money (no amount is too small) for each book you read between now and the end of September. NOTE: You can have many sponsors paying you to read (parents, friends, grandparents, mentors, etc.). Just ask! The worst that can happen is they say no and that is ok. Just ask someone else.
- Find books to read - need suggestions? Look at the Summer Reading section on the AHS Library Webpages. Ask a friend what they are reading. Ask a librarian. Ask a teacher. Use the suggested reads on the Class of 2024 Read-A-Thon website.
- Read the books. Remember to keep track of both your sponsors and your books.
- Fill out the Entry Form for each book you read (this is a Google Form that requires your fcpsschools.net login).
- Ask you sponsor to pay the amount they agreed to for each book using this My School Bucks link by the end of the event (Sept. 28, 2021).
Have questions or concerns? Ask the Class of 2024 leadership, the librarians, or Mr. Smith.