Information Central for Graduating Seniors 2019
Senior Dues: Due NOW!
- Senior Dues: Due NOW! All seniors who plan to attend graduation at DAR Constitution Hall but have not paid their $60 senior dues on My School Bucks must pay $60 senior dues NOW!
- Senior obligations: Must be paid before rehearsal! Return all books, computers, calculators, etc. Pay parking fines!
Senior Reflections Ceremony
- Senior Reflections is a special ceremony for graduating seniors at AHS. Seniors participate in a processional, followed by a program of music and diverse inspirational readings selected and performed by members of the Class of 2019.
- Tuesday, June 4, at 7:00 pm in the auditorium - Seniors arrive by 6:40 pm.
- Seniors may invite as many guests as they wish – no tickets are needed and the program is free.
- After the ceremony, a reception in the cafeteria is provided with refreshments, conversation, and candid photo taking.
- Seniors interested in performing or being considered as a student speaker should email the volunteer committee at @email
- Senior Reflections is produced by volunteer parents and students of Annandale High School. It is not sponsored by Fairfax County Public Schools.
- Every senior who wishes to participate in the Graduation Ceremony at Constitution Hall MUST attend all of assigned rehearsal—make sure you arrive at the auditorium 15 minutes early for your rehearsal. The first half of the alphabet (A-Lee) will begin at 8:00 am sharp and the second half (Lef-Z) will begin at 11:45 sharp. Use the FRONT entrances only at AHS—underclassmen will be taking exams.
- We will practice for all parts of the ceremony and then distribute caps, gowns, and graduation tickets.
Tickets to Graduation
- Each senior participating in graduation will receive 5 tickets for family and guests (The graduate will NOT need a ticket to enter Constitution Hall).
- Additional tickets may be available depending on the number of graduating seniors at the end of the year—we will not know exactly how many extra tickets are available until June 6.
- All additional tickets (if any) will be distributed on a first come/first serve basis to graduating seniors (with AHS ID) that are in line at the cafeteria at 6:00 am on Thursday, June 6. No parents or friends may pick up extra tickets - do not bring an extra person with you. Seniors may begin lining up at 5:30 am. No one will be allowed to join the line after 6:00 am. We will start at the front of the line and give 1 ticket to each senior (with AHS ID) until we run out of tickets. Seniors in line by 6:00 am may continue to get back in line until all tickets are distributed or until they pick up the maximum of 3 EXTRA tickets.
Round-trip Charter Bus Tickets to DAR Constitution Hall are Available
- The AHS field hockey team is offering limited roundtrip charter bus tickets to the Graduation Ceremony.
- Enjoy an air-conditioned, hassle-free ride to DAR Constitution Hall with no worries about parking or traffic AND be confident you'll arrive on-time!
- Tickets must be reserved using this form.
- $20 per ticket if reserved before May 20th.
- Tickets reserved after May 20 (if available!) cost $25.
Graduation Videos, Livestreaming and Photos
- The entire AHS Graduation ceremony will be streamed LIVE on the internet. Please share the link with family and friends! The link for streaming is:
- PICTURES and VIDEOS: There will be NO designated areas (photo boxes) available at DAR for taking a video or picture of your graduate during the ceremony. Only graduates and teachers will be allowed on the main floor. There will be NO EXCEPTIONS. You will not be allowed to stand at your seat, in the aisles, or on the steps to take pictures or to videotape.
- You can order a professionally recorded DVD recording of the Graduation Ceremony from Memories Videography and receive it in the mail 6-8 weeks after the event.
- Professional Graduation Photos will be taken of each graduate. Sign up with Lifetouch and receive notification when your proofs are online and ready to order:
Graduation Event at DAR Constitution Hall
- Directions to DAR Constitution Hall at 1776 D St. NW, Washington, DC 20006
- Handicapped Seating: If any guests require handicapped seating, they and one (1) companion may sit in one of several designated handicapped areas on the floor level of Constitution Hall. Enter at the ramp on the D Street side of the building and see an usher for seat locations. Questions? Contact Cindy Hook at 703-927-1184.
Graduation Celebration Party
- All Night Graduation Celebration, Thursday, June 6, 11:00 pm – 5:00 am, Audrey Moore Recreation Center at Wakefield Park. See “ANGC” on the PTSA website:
https://annandalehsptsa.membershiptoolkit.com/ for complete information and to order tickets or to volunteer. Parents are needed to help!